- Critically examine the strategies of multinational corporations using a case study format and on-site business visits
- Understand the influence of industries and policy on businesses in Germany, the Czech Republic, and across Europe
Previous Activities Have Included
- Bayer HealthCare, Deutsche Bahn AG, Skanska, T-Mobile
- Guided bike tours of Berlin, visit to Prague Stock Exchange
- Guided tour of Berlin Olympia Stadium, a visit to Prague TV Tower, and dinner at the Unsicht Bar (blind restaurant)
This tour is designed to allow students to compare and contrast different sectors of the German, Czech and global economies. Company visits illustrate the complex strategic planning companies undergo in order to progress in their sector. Past visits have included Bayer Healthcare, Deutsche Bahn AG, Skanska, and T-Mobile.
In addition to the academic activities on this study tour to Berlin and Prague, the study tour program is supplemented with cultural visits meant to enrich students’ knowledge of the history of Europe and contextualizing cultural differences. Past visits have included a guided bike tour of the Berlin, a visit to the famous Reichstag and a concentration camp, and Prague Castle.