Sustainability in Europe
The focus of the program is on the social, political, and economic issues associated with sustainable development. It introduces a range of Danish and European stakeholders shaping the sustainability agenda.
- Use Copenhagen as a classroom by visiting some of the world’s most progressive sustainability initiatives. Past field studies include the European Environment Agency, Risø National Laboratory for Renewable Energy, and the NGO Energy Crossroads
- Travel with your classmates and DIS faculty on course-integrated study tours to leading Danish and European destinations renowned for their sustainability initiatives
- Create your own strategic plan for a sustainable future by combining your classroom experiences with field studies and study tour visits
PROGRAM STUDENT PROFILE
The program is right for you if you are interested in environmental studies, environmental science, public policy, or general environmental affairs.
CORE COURSE OVERVIEW
>> European Sustainable Development
You will explore a range of sustainability issues in this course, such as the dilemma of economic growth and energy policy in Denmark and the EU. Beginning with a broader look at consumption, prosperity, and spatial levels of sustainability, you will then delve deeper into more specific, case-based examples of sustainable strategic development while on long study tour.
- Credits: 3
- Week-Long Study Tour: Preference of themed-based study tour to England | Germany | Sweden
- Core Course Week: A three-day study tour in Southern Sweden | Western Denmark alongside a two-day seminar in Copenhagen.
BUILD YOUR OWN CURRICULUM
DIS has over 190 elective courses for you to build your curriculum from after choosing your required core course. You have to opportunity to focus on your major or diversify by selecting any combination of courses based on your needs. Click here for electives related to business, environmental science, environmental studies, and public policy.