Medical Practice & Policy
This program offers you unique and valuable hands-on medical experiences, such as clinical lab exercises, as well as insight into clinical practices and healthcare in Europe.
- Learn from Danish medical doctors at Copenhagen University hospitals, and gain an insider view of the workings of hospitals and clinics, and the daily practice of physicians
- Try your hand at recording patient history and clinical cases as part of the experiential learning element of the core course
- Perform physical examinations and procedures on medical phantoms, such as blood drawing, I.V. entry, and suturing
- Compare and contrast healthcare and medical practice in newly reformed countries versus welfare state systems by visiting hospitals, clinics, and research institutions on study tours in Denmark and cities in Western and Eastern Europe
PROGRAM STUDENT PROFILE
This program is right for you if you have a serious interest in medicine and science and are considering pursing a graduate degree in the health professions.
CORE COURSE OVERVIEW
>> Human Health and Disease: A Clinical Approach
In this course, taught on site at a university hospital, you will focus on the most important human diseases, their diagnoses and treatments, and clinical working methods of Danish physicians as practiced in the Danish medical system.
- Credits: 3
- Prerequisites: One year of biology and one year of chemistry at university level.
- Week-Long Study Tour: Preference of Berlin-Poznan | Bratislava-Vienna | Budapest-Vienna | Stockholm-Tallinn
- Core Course Week: A three-day study tour in Western Denmark alongside a two-day seminar in Copenhagen.
- Additional Course Specifics: Please be aware that this course does not provide regular medical training corresponding to that of medical students and does not include shadowing of doctors or physical examination of patients.
BUILD YOUR OWN CURRICULUM
DIS has over 190 elective courses for you to build your curriculum from after choosing your required core course. You have to opportunity to focus on your major or diversify by selecting any combination of courses based on your needs. Click here for electives related to biology, pre-medicine/health science, public health, and biomedicine/biotechnology.