Build Your Semester
Study abroad is an exciting opportunity for any student. DIS knows how important this experience is for you - that's why we offer a dynamic study abroad program so that you can get the most out of your semester or year in Copenhagen!
Creating your study abroad semester at DIS is simple, but with so much choice....where do you begin?
- A program core course with its two course-integrated study tours
- Elective courses and Optional Study Tours
- A preference of housing options that appeal to you
- Ways to meet the Danes and engage with the local culture and to get involved at DIS
- DIScovery Trips that you can add over weekends and breaks
Based on past student feedback, here are just a few of the many opportunities that we recommend you consider for your semester here in Copenhagen:
- Over 65% of students take the Danish Language and Culture course and highlight it as one of their favorite courses – make this elective the first you sign up for!
- Choose to live in a homestay and find a home away from home
- Rent a bike and commute to DIS – Danes bike rain or shine and biking is a great way to explore the city
- Make meeting the Danes a priority and volunteer at Studenterhuset (the city’s student union), join a local sports team, request a visiting family, sign up for the Buddy Network, and more!