Who Are DIS Students?
A Special Study Abroad Experience
Students choosing DIS as their study abroad program are a diverse group, but they do have several characteristics in common. In choosing to study in Copenhagen, DIS students have picked the path less followed. Perhaps they are the more adventurous or intrepid students looking for something new and different. Or perhaps they feel DIS offers the chance to visit European cities in a more informed and educational manner, and not as mere tourists. Spending a semester, summer or year in Copenhagen presents a unique opportunity… an opportunity for a different and exciting study abroad experience.
Most likely it is the academic choices at DIS, combined with study tours, adventure trips, cultural immersion opportunities and housing options that make studying abroad at DIS their number one choice.
So who are DIS students?
- The student body at DIS is made up mostly students from North American universities
- Typically most semester students are in their 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies
- DIS students are academically focused and are high achievers with an incoming GPA averaging 3.4
- More than 90% of DIS students come from 'most' or 'more selective' U.S. universities, with 90% planning on attending grad school
- Over 200 universities have been represented by their students studying abroad with DIS - 80% of students come from private universities, with the remaining 20% from public universities.
- The female/male breakdown is generally around 60 percent female to 40 percent male