International Educators Workshop (IEW)
A Week in Copenhagen
DIS welcomes education abroad professionals, faculty, academic advisors, and student affairs staff to a five-day workshop in Copenhagen each semester, providing a forum for dialogue about DIS programs and broader issues in education abroad. Participants may be invited to serve on discussion session panels and are encouraged to indicate areas of expertise in workshop registration. A workshop is like a mini-semester at DIS: attend classes, participate in field studies, meet DIS staff, faculty and students, live with a host family, and get to know Danish culture and society.
- Fall 2014: Monday, November 3 - Friday, November 7
- Spring 2015: Monday, April 13 - Friday, April 17
- Fall 2015: Monday, November 2 - Friday, November 6
- Spring 2016: Monday, March 14 - Friday, March 18
DIS workshops, held each semester in Copenhagen, provide:
- Professional development with new and long-time colleagues including faculty, advisors, student affairs and education abroad staff.
- An opportunity for participants to comprehensively review the DIS program and to contribute to ongoing development and improvement.
- An interactive introduction to the DIS programs and curriculum, the city of Copenhagen, and to Danish culture and society.